No items found.
Scroll for more
Inspired by a true story, The Sapphires a celebration of music, family and self-discovery about four young, talented Australian Aboriginal women who learn about love, friendship and war when their all-girl group entertains the US troops in Vietnam in 1968. After premiering at Cannes Film Festival in 2012, The Sapphires topped the Australian box office and is one of the highest-grossing Australian films of all time.
- World Premiere at Cannes Film Festival 2012
- Offical Selection at Toronto Film Festival 2012
- Winner of 12 AACTA Awards including Best Film, Best Direction, Best Lead Actor for Chris O'Dowd, Best Lead Actress for Deborah Mailman, Best Supporting Actress for Jessica Mauboy, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Sound and Best Production Design and Best Costume Design (2012)
- Winner of an AWGIE Award for Best Feature Film - Adaptation (2012)
- Nominated for a Golden Camera at Cannes Film Festival for Wayne Blair (2012)